Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Weird Things I Look up on Wikipedia While I'm Working, and What I Learn, Vol. I: Succubus

These comes up a lot in Leslie's copy, so today I figured I'd see if Wikipedia had a little more detail than what I already knew from, like, THE MONSTER MANUAL:

Succubus: A demon, who takes the form of a beautiful woman to seduce men, especially monks in dreams to have sexual intercourse. From mythology and fantasy, Lilith and the Lilin (Jewish) and Lilitu (Sumerian) are in redactive Christian fables, considered succubi. A Middle Eastern version ... wanders the desert on the hooves of a camel. This particular succubus exacts revenge on those who commit adultery. Sharp razors within her vagina slice off the partner's penis, leaving him in agonizing pain. Having rendered the man helpless, she turns into her true form and proceeds to eat him alive.

Good. To. Know. Thanks Wikipedia!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes.. but what is an incubus?