Friday, March 7, 2008

I Hate This Song. So Much. Wow. I Mean. This Song. I Just Really Hate It.



No, seriously. I hate this song. This song makes me want to die. Not even go through all the trouble of killing myself, but, instead, with as little effort as possible, just to die. And not in a happy way. Not in a well-I've-done-it-all-and-now-I-can-check-out-of-this-world-100-percent-satisfied way. Not at all. This song, it's in heavy rotation on Left of Center, the usually pretty great indie-pop station on Sirius, which I have stopped listening to. Until they get over this song. Because it eats at my very lifeforce, the juice of the universe, and makes everything I might be thinking about, looking at, standing near or snacking on...suck.

This song is called "Your Party," and it's by Ween.

This song, it is no good. The thing is, I'm having a hard time pinpointing what it is that bugs me so much about this song. Which I hate. So much. Why do I hate it so much? Is it that it feels like something from a faded time some 30 years ago? Is it the moody minor key? Is it the totally inane lyrics--which have to be ironic, right? But if they are, I'm totally not getting it, and I usually get it? Seriously, am I missing something:
I was calm when we arrived at the party.
I spoke with fervor in embracing the evening.
My wife leaned over and she whispered 'I love you'.
I held her close and we danced.

We had the best time at your party.
The wife and I thank you very much
Anyway. This song. I hate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This sounds so 1997. Might as well be a Gin Blossoms cover.